Students prepare for annual Casino Night

Casino Night is a great way to spend time with friends and play different games. Graphic courtesy of Summer Chen (‘20).

Theme: Casino Royale (James Bond)
Where: Hooper Student Center

When: Saturday, January 19th, 2019 at 7 p.m.
Games: Blackjack, Poker, Craps, Roulette
Food: Boba, chicken tenders, chips & salsa, brownies

The Jameson Casino Night is an exciting annual event at Webb where students can pretend to gamble through various casino games and even win raffle prizes. Due to the weather, this year’s Casino Night will be a bit different than previous ones. The main difference is that the event will be held inside Hooper instead of Jameson Patio.

Jeffrey Zhong (‘20),WSC all-school vice-president, said that Webbies should attend Casino Night because “it’s a free event and usually Webb events cost money, so it’s going to be a lot of fun!”

This year’s theme is Casino Royale (James Bond), so decorations and Hooper set-up will follow a James Bond theme.

Emily Wang (‘22) will be attending Casino Night for the first time. She said, “I don’t know how to play any Casino games so I’m looking forward to learning how to play and dressing up.”

At Casino Night, students will be given two black chips, which is equivalent to $200, to spend however they want. When the casino closes, students will turn their chips back to student government members and they will be admitted into a raffle. The fifteen raffle winners will receive gift cards or room check passes as prizes.

There will be $25 Amazon gift cards, $10 Target gift cards, and $5 Starbucks gift cards for raffle prizes.

All students should “dress to impress,” which means semi-formal attire. Students should not wear jeans, sneakers, or flip flops.

Albert Xu (‘20), a Jameson prefect, gave advice to casino players and said, “There is a very easy way to return from a casino with a small fortune: go there with a large one.”
As always, Casino Night will be a fantastic event that you definitely do not want to miss!