Six seniors subtly show style

For those of you who want to look cute without sacrificing precious sleep, try stepping up an all-black outfit by adding a pop of color. Vanessa Casillas (‘19) is pictured here in a trendy graphic tee and unique Vans shoes. Bonus points if you match your socks to your shoes!

Cathy Yan
Vanessa Casillas (‘19) is wearing a Wrangler tee, mom jeans, and Vans.

The monochromatic look has been made trendy by celebrities all throughout 2018. It is a sure way to look nice with minimal effort. Here, Nathan Paik (‘19), is pictured wearing all-white, emphasizing the red on his shirt. Worry no further about color coordination – monochrome is the way to go.

Cathy Yan
Nathan Paik (‘19) is looking stylish is his all-white ensemble.

Little subtleties can add personal flair to an outfit, boosting your confidence. Jun Kim (‘19) ties his hoodie strings in a neat bow, making a typical hoodie-and-shorts outfit look immediately cleaner.

Cathy Yan
Jun Kim (‘19) is getting creative with his hoodie strings.

Graphic tees have been trending for the past two years. They are especially popular among teenagers because they maximize the expressive value of clothes. Bridgid Corbin (‘19) is pictured wearing a shirt with the mantra “Everything is Awful.” She is simultaneously expressing her feelings and the feelings of all the seniors trying to survive the last days of the first semester. For a cheerful, smiling character like herself, the slogan is also pleasantly ironic.

Cathy Yan
Bridgid Corbin (‘19) is wearing a pessimistic tee despite being a known optimist.

From afar, Alex Yeung’s (‘19) outfit looks basic: he is wearing a hoodie, black pants, and white shoes, but take a closer look at his pants. There is a white line wrapped around each pant leg and the material looks slightly acid washed. Wearing black is always safe but the details in his pants transform a simple outfit into a trendy one with minimal effort.

Cathy Yan
Alex Yeung (‘19) is stepping up his style game this year.

Camouflage is always a good option for seniors because it reflects their desire to disappear into second semester. The pattern elicits jokes about blending into a person’s surroundings, but the irregular shapes and shades of green serve to make the person wearing it stand out; it is not your basic black and white combo. Noah Martinez’s (‘19) outfit is also subtly well-coordinated: the text on his shirt matches with his jacket.

Cathy Yan
Can you see Noah Martinez (‘19) in this image?
View Comments (1)