Isabel+Flores

Isabel Flores

Isa Flores is an advocate. As the co-president of Empowering Student Voices Initiative, she has time and time again taken the initiative to educate herself on diversity and social issues. Her leadership has helped drive change on Webb’s campus, most recently in the planning of Dies Mulieres and Men in the Arena. “I think that Webb needed a wake-up call, and I really took charge there,” Isa said. Besides supporting her Freshmen Seminar students as a peer advisor, Isa has offered her kindness and support to anyone who approaches her. But when Isa needs some time off, she heads outdoors. Isa had the most fun ever on the summer peccary trips, sleeping outside and eating meals straight out of a skillet. She also loved her time in Outdoor Activities with Mr. Kalter, who introduced her to climbing, an activity that has remained constant in her life. To pursue her interests in supporting communities and social justice, Isa will be starting at Mount Holyoke College and hopefully studying Critical Social Thought. But who knows, maybe she will change paths completely, grasp back to her seaside California roots, and study Marine Biology.

Isa is fearless, willful, and compassionate! She’s literally one of the strongest people I know.

— Aliza Tyndale ('21)