Hunter+Lange

Hunter Lange

Anyone who follows Hunter Lange on Instagram (or on any social media platform, for that matter) knows that he has a way with words. Often, his carefully crafted sentences focus on matters that he cares deeply about, including human rights, decolonization, adoptee experience, and environmental justice. His understanding of the importance of human connection has led to both his work with Empowering Student Voices Initiative and his fond memories of open dorms at Webb; the friendships he made there will last forever. It may seem like Hunter has already reached the peak of human existence and is now waiting impatiently for the rest of us to catch up, but he is in fact still incredibly down to earth. He cares deeply about the land we live on and how we inhabit it, as well as how we treat others who share the land with us. In Advanced Studies Culture and Politics of the Border, Hunter loved learning and writing about physical and social borders and how and why they existHunter will continue to pursue Critical Race and Ethnicity Studies at Reed College in Portland, Oregon. 

I think Hunter is the perfect balance of a person, because he can be really silly at times when you really need a friend, but also whenever you need to talk about anything serious, he’s always there to listen and give nuance to it.

— Valeria Gonzalez