Nicholas+Lee

Nicholas Lee

Nick Lee is a gentle giant in many ways. His voice carries not only across the quad but also across the entire community; Nick is a frequent attendee of both Empowering Student Voices Initiative meetings and City Council sessions. Nick’s loud voice and his impressive stature both contribute to his athletic prowess as a water polo player and a swimmer. During his offseason, he trades the competition and aggression of water sports for the peacefulness and compassion of community service. From his time working with Mr. Choi both in the classroom and during community service, Nick learned how to integrate his learning with the community by applying the skills he gained from Webb to benefit his neighborhood. In his classes, Nick loves studying the history of his home state, whether that means digging up fossils in Barstow in Advanced Studies Paleontology or learning about the Tovaangar people native to Los Angeles in Advanced Studies LA Literary Culture. While he remains a California boy at heart, Nick will attend Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island to study Education and Urban Agriculture. 

Nick’s whole persona is that he’s so responsible… but you should never let him get behind the wheel of any vehicle. He’s crashed a car, crashed a boat, crashed a bike; any type of vehicle he gets onto he crashes.

— Matthew Gooch ('22)