Theresa+Hu+%28%E2%80%9824%29+shows+off+her+cream-colored+corduroy+pants+that+match+well+with+her+white+Nike+shoes.+She+completes+the+outfit+with+a+green%2C+ribbed+top+and+a+black+puffer+jacket.++

Noe Chock ('23)

Theresa Hu (‘24) shows off her cream-colored corduroy pants that match well with her white Nike shoes. She completes the outfit with a green, ribbed top and a black puffer jacket.

Pants and Bottoms

This season, the wide range of pants and bottoms on students shows both personal style and perseverance against the cold temperatures. From pleated skirts to corduroy jeans, trends in pants and bottoms range in variety and length.  

Baggy pants have been keeping students comfortable and fashionable this season. Seen in materials like denim and cotton, baggy pants enable movement and pair nicely with different tops and sweaters. Sometimes known under other names like carpenter pants, cargo pants, and more, baggy pants are fashion-friendly and weather resistant, making them perfect for this winter season. 

“I have these really nice, baggy corduroy pants that are really comfortable, so I’ve been wearing those,” Aidan Helgeson (‘23) said.  

Sweatpants are another comfort piece seen mostly on Webb Wednesdays. These soft pants cater to both the weather and constant movement students make switching from classes. In relation to sweatpants, pajama pants are a hot trend on Wednesdays when paired with Webb merchandise. Pajama pants are comfortable, accessible, and come in a variety of designs that can match with the winter season.  

Skin-tight bottoms are another way students are keeping warm this winter. From skinny jeans to leggings, these bottoms hug a person’s skin to keep the cold out but are the perfect basics to match with any top or accessory, and they are perfect for layering when temperatures are especially cold. 

“I’ve been wearing a lot of sweatpants, and under sweatpants, I layer with a bunch of leggings,” Angela Du (‘24) said.  

On the other hand, students can also be found in shorts and skirts even while the weather drops. Shorts range from denim to sweat shorts while skirts can be seen pleated or in a mini style. Some students use these shorter outfits to pair with warmer shoes and accessories like leg warmers or tights. These shorter styles of bottoms show how the cold never stops a person’s personal style.  

With such a range of pants and bottoms, students at Webb have been showing off their unique fashion choices under the winter skies.  

Check out this Pinterest board for ideas on how to style pants and bottoms this winter!