Security

Berklee Antecol ('25)

Security

Sergio Alcaraz, Senior Security and Special Operations here at Webb, poses in front of his decked-out golf cart that takes him all around campus. He goes all over campus whenever someone needs his help. He helps build a safe and positive community on campus. “I love working at Webb, it’s fun and a great community,” Sergio said. (Photo by: Berklee Antecol (’25))

Since he began working here in 1997, Sergio Alcaraz, Senior Security and Special Operations, has been a big help at Webb by making sure everyone is safe on campus. From this opportunity to join Webb, he has developed a love for the community. “It is a pleasure and an honor to be able to work with the students here,” Mr. Alcaraz said. He spent his childhood in Mexico, but he now lives in Riverside, California. During his free time, Mr. Alcaraz loves working on his car; he even has a collection of model cars in his office as a personal touch. Every Monday through Friday, Mr. Alcaraz is on campus to make sure everyone has what they need to be safe. “I work here almost every day; I think know all the faculty here and most students,” Mr. Alcaraz said. His highlight of working at Webb is creating bonds with many wonderful people throughout all the years. He used to know all the students by name because of his strong passion for helping students. “I love being able to help you guys out,” Mr. Alcaraz said. He is a prime example of Webb’s warmth and connection that makes it such a special community.

Cuong Pham, the director of security here at Webb, poses in front of the loop where he ensures everyone has a safe day at school. “I love helping to keep the community safe every day,” said Cuong. He doesn’t just make sure Webb is a safe community but also strives to make sure all security is transparent. (Photo by: Berklee Antecol (’25))

Cuong Pham, a former police officer of 32 years, joined the Webb community a year and a half ago and was ready to keep everyone on campus safe. Originally from Vietnam, Mr. Pham later moved to Pasadena, where he became a part of the police force as a homicide detective. He finds Webb to be the perfect place to be after transitioning out of the police force. “I used to be a police officer and worked a rough assignment, so coming to Webb it’s a different spectrum of work, but I love getting to be with good, educated people all the time,” Mr. Pham said. He likes to spend his free time binge watching Netflix and Amazon Prime. On the nutritional side, he also loves working out and eating wellbalanced meals, which was hard for him to do as a police officer. A highlight of his time here at Webb is getting to know everyone in the community. “I want to make sure it’s conveyed that not just me, but all the security personnel are all approachable, not by staff but for students too,” said Mr. Pham. He strives to make sure all students feel comfortable talking to security when they are in trouble. If anything is wrong, don’t be shy; Mr. Pham is the perfect person to call for help.