Alfonso Alvarez Seara

The notorious Spaniard at Webb, Alfonso Alvarez Seara, has truly made an impact on the Webb community. Alfonso has always been known as a friend to all on the Webb campus. Even though his years on campus at Webb may have been short due to COVID, he made sure to be an active member in the community’s activities. As the captain of the wrestling team his senior year and through his dedication to Webb’s wrestling, swim, and football teams, his passion for athletics has left an impact on Webb’s athletic program, while also making the time an enjoyable experience for everyone who had the chance to compete alongside him. Afonso has also left his mark on the peer advisor program while serving as a PA to incoming new students these past two years, making their transition into the Webb community seamless. When Alvarez is not busy serving the Webb community, you can catch him strumming a guitar in Alamo, playing soccer on Chandler Field, watching Shameless or Blacklist on Netflix, or going on adventures with his friends off-campus. Alfonso is a multifaceted fella who is always sharing a laugh with whoever he’s talking to. He will bring his infectious energy to the University of San Francisco in the fall where he will pursue a major in economics.

He’s the same person in and outside of the classroom. He’s very unapologetically Alfonso and he won’t change himself depending on the environment that he’s in.

— Aidan Helgeson (‘23)