Wura+Ogunnaike

Wura Ogunnaike

Ever heard of the story of the freshman who got the back of her foot run over by seniors on theme night? How about the story of the girl who live-tweeted her allergic reaction to sesame at community dinner? With her Twitter username being @ultraviolence, this is a perfect reflection of who Wura is. Ultra— an extremist. Described by her close friends as being obsessed with little niches such as types of clothing styles or the show Boys Planet 999, Wura is able to become completely fixated on even the most minor of interests. Violence—powerful and aggresive. Wura may seem sweet and quiet, but don’t let that fool you. Described as loud around close friends and very blunt, Wura is never afraid to say what others are thinking. Wura knows what she wants and exactly who she wants to surround herself with. Most often, you will spot her spending time with the theater tech community. Being a part of theatre tech since freshman year, Wura enjoys the tight-knit community that comes with it. Wura also plays a significant role in leadership around campus as a leader of the Black Affinity group prefect at Jameson. You can always rely on Wura for a good laugh or good advice. Wura plans on majoring in Biochemistry at Occidental College, where she hopes to have fun, get good grades, and make new friendships.  

Wura is my sleeper pick for number one hater on campus. Everyone has been featured on her Twitter at least once — she is the real gossip girl.

— Marina Saeger (’23)