Teddy+Meng

Teddy Meng

If you asked different people what they thought of Teddy Meng, they would all give you different answers. Mr. Vincent, international student liaison advisor, would proudly tout Teddy’s work as co-head ISL, helping incoming and current students feel comfortable in a foreign environment. Mr. Kozden, his Wednesday dorm OD, would explain how Teddy’s music dominates Lower Macleod’s hallways, and how oftentimes a knock on his door is left unanswered due to his bizarre 7 p.m. to 4 a.m. sleep schedule. His closest friends, Pierre and Daniel, would describe his screams when playing League of Legends or his jumps of joy when his idol Cristiano Ronaldo scores a banger. Mr. Galarsa would say… never mind. But hang around Teddy, and you’ll find out so much more. He can be a cuddly “Teddy Bear, but he won’t hesitate to humble you with his casual roasts. His honesty is easily his best and worst trait, particularly present during open gym basketball games where he doesn’t hold back on in-game “trash-talk. This healthy competitiveness appears every year during Webb Day & Night, where he fights for his class in games such as soccer, dodgeball, and earthball. His absence will certainly be felt on Webb’s campus as he ventures to the University of Virginia next year to study Architecture. In the future, the public will know Teddy to be a famous architect whose designs can compare in artistic value to the Vitra Design Museum in Germany — his favorite work of architecture.

Teddy is very engaged in Webb’s athletic program. He started freshman year on the varsity soccer team as a goalkeeper, led the JV team to a successful season his junior year, and managed the same team his senior year. Not to mention his loyalty to the basketball clinic program, participating all four years, even the online year.

— Daniel Hu ('23)