Eleanor Hong

Eleanor+Hong

Eleanor is not like most highschoolers. Toting an old-school flip phone and briefcase around campus, she embraces her love of things from the past. This interest is evident in her antique collection, which includes a record player, cassette player, and typewriter. As an actress who performs in every fall play and spring musical, Eleanor is also dedicated to her craft. She wrote a 90page play titled “Gumiho centered around a nine-tailed fox and held workshops with around 10 Webb students to bring it to life. Her boldness in expression does not end there. For her Advanced Studies Experimental Literature final project, Eleanor painted and hung a massive tapestry of her face with the word “Exoticover the dining hall, triggering a burst of excitement and confusion during lunch. Looking beyond her artistic endeavors, she is a committed leader at Webb, serving as a day student prefect and Chief Copy Editor for the Webb Canyon Chronicle. Next year, Eleanor will be bringing her artistic visions and old-fashioned belongings to University of Tulsa, where she will major in English.  

Most people know Eleanor as a toe sock-wearing, briefcase-carrying gremlin with an unhealthy love of writing. But in her free time, she morphs into a caffeine-fueled chaos creature who enjoys drawing creepy eyeballs on walls and slaying fictional velociraptors.

— Aiperi Bush ('24)