Jialu Chen

Jialu+Chen

If there is something to know about Jialu Chen, it is that she loves noise, despite being deaf in one ear. No, this is not a quirky way of saying she enjoys listening to music or playing celloshe is more enthralled by different sounds and noises clashing together to create something unique. While this may mean that her AUX song choices are not always appreciated, Jialu’s love for chaos and clashing elements reflects her personality. As head day student prefect, Jialu is capable of being a very serious leader fulltime; however, her goofy side blends with her leadership skills, creating a perfect combination of lighthearted guidance with a side of TikTok making. Jialu also knows how to take a chill pill and not just because she lives in the slow-moving city of Claremont, California. She usually spends her free time finding the best boba spots and restaurants, without even worrying if it takes her all the way to Rowland Heights. This laid-back attitude has even led to her accidentally sending beach pictures of herself to all of STAS. However, do not let this side of her fool you, because she is an academic weapon, and she is taking all her smarts to Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, where she will double major in economics and applied math! The JV tennis courts will feel emptier than ever without Jialu’s positive attitude after a horrible loss, and we hope she keeps all aspects of her personality alive after Webb. 

I can always count on her to match my big back energy. I can always count on her to get food, dessert, and then get boba after.

— Fia Lin (‘24)