Jovana Luna

Jovana+Luna

If you havent been lucky enough to meet Jovana on campus, here is a glimpse of who she is. This is what you might have experienced if you had been: hearing her faint singsong voice whispering Linger by the Cranberries or seeing her fail to stifle laughs during a moment of silence specifically during the meditation exercises for her Advanced Studies Culture and Politics of the Border class or on the winter dance show stage in front of a full audience. If you are really lucky, you would have experienced hearing loss from Jovana ecstatically screaming at her laptop for Brazil to take the win in the 2022 World Cup. Although HC members are known for holding a lot of responsibility, Jovana is one who shines in her approachability, whether it is taking over the Karaoke Club event for two hours straight or shamelessly asking every student in a five-mile radius to join her Minecraft realm. Next year, Jovana will be leaving her hometown of Rancho Cucamonga, California and bringing all her shenanigans with her to live out her big city dreams at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, double majoring in political science and economics. Though Webb will miss her unmatched energy on the dance floor whenGasolina plays at prom, we hope she will remember to live by one of her favorite Billy Joel songs, Vienna, and slow down and have fun wherever she goes!

Teachers fear when they see that we are on the same class roster at the beginning of the year; we have that effect on the classroom environment.

— Olivia Cooke (24)