Taya Sibichenkova

Taya+Sibichenkova

Imagine a music festival collided with a yoga retreat. Wait, no need to imagine it — just peek into Taya Sibichenkova’s room. Taya’s room resembles a Spotify playlist, with rock and indie posters covering much of the wall space. There, you’ll also spot a hippie poster her friends gave her. She didn’t choose the hippie life; it chose her. Below the posters, you’ll spot a yoga mat, often set against the calming drift of essential oils and the smooth sounds of jazz music — her perfect spot for relaxation and back relief. Most visitors see this sanctuary on display during Webb admission tours, but if you catch Taya in her natural habitat, she is likely buried in AdvSt Humanities Thesis Seminar homework or battling the latest The New York Times crossword. In moments of leisure, Taya savors organic tea, a testament to her bohemian and eco-conscious lifestyle that aligns with her love for nature. Taya is the ideal buddy to slow down with and enjoy the simple beauties of life at Webb. With her, you are never just passing time; you are on a mini expedition to appreciate nature. As Taya prepares for a new adventure at the University of Washington to study Public Health, one thing is for sure she will bring her unique blend of music, mindfulness, and environmental passion wherever she goes. 

Take a hippie and mix it with a biologist and you will get Taya.

— Ben Brudnicki (‘24)