Obehi Akpengbe

Obehi+Akpengbe

Is Webb a bubble? Yes, and, to Obehi Akpengbe, Webb is also a salad. Our Pomona-born Claremont resident loves a medley of crunchy lettuces, memorable dressing and sprinkling cranberries in her Webb career salad. The lettuces to Obehi’s salad are the classes she took within the past four years, specifically Honors Crime and Punishment, where she enjoyed exploring America’s criminal justice system. Aside from the fruitful knowledge, Obehi holds her classroom memories dearly to her heart, where she learned passion and kindness from Dr. Cantwell, Mr. Warren, and, sometimes, underrated wisdom from the underclassmen during freshmen seminar as a Peer Advisor. Drizzling the Webb salad with flavorful dressing, Obehi will cherish the vivid memories she made with her friends, Obuber (Obehi Uber) princesses. Driving down Foothill boulevard in Susan, her car, they sing at the top of their lungs together. The cranberry on top is, you guessed it, Obehi herself. She is sour cranberries can be a little tart sometimes and need to be enjoyed separately. She is sweet Obehi is always there to be her friends’ best hype man. When off to a different salad bowl, Obehi will bring her cranberry personality to Scripps on her quest to become a clinical psychologist. 

She claims that she hates the beach, but whenever we have a beach outing, she is always the first person to run to the shore.

— Izzy Kim (‘24)