Emily Berg

Emily+Berg

Affectionately known by many as “Elmo”, Emily Berg is a personification of many of the things that bring her joy. Reflecting her love for camping and the outdoors, Emily is as grounded as a mountain or an old-growth redwood tree. Emily frequently revisits the movie The Princess Bride and the tom kha soup from Mix Bowl Cafe, because of the comfort they bring her; she is similarly an entertaining yet comforting presence for her friends. And of course, Emily’s eclectic music taste –– with everything from Australian surf rock to psychedelic Latin, to punk metal –– is a clear embodiment of her own adventurous spirit and surprising inventory of talents. Among these talents are Emily’s knack for paleontology and extensive knowledge of prehistoric sharks, having presented her research at global paleontology conferences and humbly claiming that “the Webb Paleo program changed her life.” She has also served as the cherished goalie of the VWS water polo team for two years, helping lead the team to CIF finals in her senior season. Not to mention, every resident of Jameson dorm knows of Emily’s down-to-earth personality, balancing a role as responsible dorm prefect with casual movie night buddy. Emily hopes to continue to expand her horizons after leaving Webb, enjoying more “low stakes live music,” research opportunities in environmental science, and overall, an experience as wonderful and well-rounded as she is.

Elmo will never forget small things about you or your interests. Get yourself a friend like Elmo who will buy you an interactive toy grill meant for toddlers as a Christmas present because you sent her one TikTok about it over 4 months ago.

— Priscilla Centeno (‘24)