Alvin Tan

Alvin+Tan

Alvin Tan is many things: dorm prefect, badminton captain. You would probably find him on a weekend run to 99 Ranch, or grinding out his extensive library of games. An international student from Shanghai, Alvin is like an owl: someone with few words yet able to perceive everything. You’d often find Alvin’s friends asking for advice or help from Alvin, who’d always give his direct insights on any troubles they’re facing. With an extensive knowledge in math, sciences, tech, anime and gaming, should you run into any difficulty regarding your schoolwork or need someone to co-op together in a game, Alvin will be there to help you through. It’s hard for Alvin himself to stay in one place for a long time: Alvin is both a filmmaker in Honors Spanish 2, and a playwright in his creative writing course. Alvin is always exploring different things throughout the world, whether it be planning events as a prefect, or finding new films to be invested in. Moving to USC as a Computer Science major, Alvin will miss the friends during his tenure at Webb, whilst preparing himself today to adapt to college life and for new and interesting courses. 

Alvin’s candid suggestions and feedback have always been a priceless source for my personal growth at Webb and beyond. After Alvin entered my home during his first visit this April, his first comment was, “Your dog is so fat.”

— Justin Pan (24’)