Elsa Li

Elsa+Li

Need to find a reliable, quirky and positive friend to reach out to? Look no further than Elsa Li: Head DSP, photographer and self-proclaimed carrot. On an average weekday, you might find her hanging out with her friends in Room 1 of Fawcett Library, taking a break after a day of classes before Badminton practice. Elsa’s favorite events at Webb are the DSP socials, especially this year’s Winter social. Always exploring, she is the kind of person who dyes her hair into tight curls and workshops her jokes to crack in the middle of Multivariable with Dr. Ngyuen. If she’s not binging Modern Family on a weekend, she’s on Discord showing her friends her latest concoctions of siracha, mozzarella and fish sticks. At night, you might find her at the Robotics Lab alongside her friends, struggling and supporting each other through every part and piece of a robot. In five years, Elsa envisions herself in a New York Apartment with a large husky. Elsa will be going to Harvey Mudd College next year, but most certainly, she’ll keep the community and friends at Webb with her. 

Seas of people that enter your life oftentimes promptly exit as passersby, but Elsa makes herself a sojourner in your heart. She is the warmth of a rose gold horizon at dawn, the first crackle of fireworks blossoming across the night, the thrill of speeding along infinity to where one day perhaps only a void of nothing welcomes us. Even upon arrival at a waiting departure, her indelible footprints have already sunken deep into your heart, cradling the hope for a reunion at the next crossroad.

— Tina Hou (25’)