Maven Li

Maven+Li

If you attended Webb’s most recent prom, you probably didn’t leave without admiring Maven Li’s retractable mechanical wings. For her favorite event at Webb, she decided to go all out and showcase her love of art and fashion. Initially born in Beijing, China, and now a boarder, Maven’s mark at Webb has been undeniable. With Maven’s stylish outfits gracing the entire campus, art has been an integral part of her identity, acting as one of the key factors uniting her and her friends. On weekends, you can find her animating, occasionally cosplaying, or designing stunning posters for Webb events, including the eye-catching 2024 yearbook cover. For Maven, art is more than just a hobby; artists like Kenshi Yonezu have served as a common thread uniting her and her friends. She plans to further her passion for art this fall at Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts. As Webb prepares to say goodbye to Maven and she prepares to spread her wings to pursue a future in animation or gaming, we’ll surely miss the profound impact she has had on the digital art community. 

Maven is an example of the greatest amalgamation between humor and intelligence. She is beauty; she is brains; her art is unrestricted by any reigns.

— Cathy Hou (‘24)