George Huang

George+Huang

George Huang is unpredictable. For starters, one may not expect from his relatively small stature that he plays the roughest defensive position in football. In fact, he has been a tri-sport varsity athlete throughout his Webb career: playing football in the fall, shooting basketballs in the winter, and swinging his racket during spring tennis season. George makes clear plans about a future career in finance, but has also accidentally thrown 10,000 Japanese yen into the trash. It is safe to say that George embodies a restless spirit, yet he maintains incredible emotional stability in any situation. He is the ideal go-to person when you are having a breakdown, the atmospheric photographer during an Unbounded trip cold plunge, and the best NBA highlights viewing buddy on a Saturday night. George’s kind and easygoing nature makes him capable of striking up a conversation with any stranger and brightening their day. Although his Webb experience was a roller-coaster ride, George earned respect in the WSC community with his resilience and sociability. He will continue to wrestle incoming challenges with optimism and versatility while studying finance at Emory University. While we cannot know whether or not George will throw away money again, it is certain that he will forge an adventurous path that is unpredictably his own.  

He just has this chill aura around him. As soon as you enter within his proximity, you are transformed.

— Michael Fu (‘24)