Kristie Ma

Kristie+Ma

Kristie “Mochibunny” Ma is a certified dorm Jung “cook”. Her beige-colored pan, weary from cooking sessions hidden in the South Hutch kitchen, has produced countless midnight cravings such as blueberry pancakes, kimchi fried rice, and pork belly. As mouthwatering as these foods may sound, Kristie never keeps the fruits of her masterful cooking skills to herself. Her dishes unite all South Hutch residents under one 21.5 by 32.5-inch BTS “Butter” poster. Beyond Kristie’s beloved 3-year dorm family, the Webb community has witnessed and experienced Kristie’s trademarked kindness, humor, and generosity in diverse roles: productive senior class vice president, captain of the softball team, and more importantly, the most unwavering friend. Time spent with her always flies, whether you are watching cringy teenage movies while hosting a slumber party or setting up an exquisite dinner table for a friend date. In addition to cutting pork belly pieces, Kristie’s scissors swiftly perform dissections in the science lab. She has a sharp understanding of human anatomy and even keeps a prized human organ model in her room. As Kristie heads off to UC Davis to study Biochemistry, she is steadily realizing her dream of becoming a cardiologist working “BTS” to protect lives. While future South Hutch dorm cooks may be on the rise, the one and only Kristie Ma — with her diamond heart and signature giggle — will forever be irreplaceable.  

There was this one time that Annie had to take the SAT, and Kristie was like, ‘How about we wake up early and make her breakfast?’ So we set an alarm for 5 a.m., made pancakes with scrambled eggs, and left it on the table. She made it into a smiley face and sat with [Annie] while she ate. It was the highest score that [Annie has] ever gotten on the SAT.

— Jenny Tran (‘24)