Bill Sun

Bill+Sun

Everyone at Webb has read Siddhartha, but only Bill Sun is a true example of an enlightened being. Bill often takes underclassmen on a jogging journey through the fields of green, forests of trees, and the ombre magnificence of a sunset at the end of a tiring school day. With each step and breath, he bonds with the Earth and the real, tangible world. Freed from the shackles of the marketplace of attention, Bill surrounds himself with a sound foreign to many in 2024: the ambiance of birds chirping, cars running, and leaves softly rustling. When living in civilization, however, Bill plays ping pong at Crossroads, plays golf, does pushups, and knocks on Max Lan and Eric Luo’s doors in Reynolds. In the lab, Bill has a literal green thumb: Bill’s main high school project has been investigating how creating algae blooms using iron can be used to solve climate change. Innocent, serene, and passionate, Bill is truly a Siddhartha of the modern age. But first, he must go to college. Bill will study Environmental Science and Psychology at Johns Hopkins University. With a collegiate enlightenment, Bill will hopefully spread his magnificent wisdom to the world. 

Bill is a person who goes to Webb. He enjoys anime, golf,mid music, spewing intellectual [rubbish], and grinding homework.

— Max Lan (‘25)