Katharine O’Hearn

Katharine+O%E2%80%99Hearn

Katharine O’Hearn, the epitome of creativity, finds ways to weave art, originality, and imagination into every corner of life. A dedicated member of Arts Studio, Honors Art, and theater tech, Katharine draws inspiration from self-expression on canvas and the stage. Her most treasured source of inspiration, however, is her tight group of friends, to whom she is affectionately known as “Kat. Whether it is hanging out in Jones, watching the musical, or joining JV tennis, Katharine’s most cherished memories always involve her friends. But what she values most are the lessons that her friends have taught her: to slow down and take the time to learn for herself and her own interests. Diving into a rigorous humanities-centered curriculum during her junior and senior years, Katharine brought together her love for literature, art, and creativity, forging her future path as an English Major at Grinnell College. Looking to the year ahead, Katharine is most excited to fully discover her track and passion within English.

Kat is the person who will put in the most effort to understand your hobbies and passions. Kat’s like a Kirby in her curiosity for exploring topics foreign to her. She also kind of looks like Kirby

— Elsa Li ('24)