Petrina Ong

Petrina+Ong

A key role in the Webb golf team, Petrina Ong is the embodiment of a leader, guiding her team to success by bringing everyone together and encouraging growth through challenges. Her leadership is not just limited to golf. Off the green Petrina is the leader and founder of the Biomedical Research Club, which hosts professionals for lectures. As an admissions fellow, Petrina has had the opportunity to welcome many new students to the Webb community. Petrina is grateful for the connections she has made through her roles on campus, where she has created a tightlyknit group of friends. Petrina is grateful that leadership has taught her to value school communitybuilding events, because the experience of mentoring others makes her feel at home at Webb. Finding her joy in the sciences early is inspiring and has allowed her to focus on classes she is interested in. Diving into a biologycentered curriculum, Petrina has found her passion and plans to continue her love for the sciences next year, majoring in Molecular and Cellular Biology at John Hopkins University.    

I rarely see moments when she is down. She never hesitates to show her support for everyone. She has a great sense of humor and she is one of the people I always go to when I am down or need advice.

— Christina Young ('25)