Emily Li

Emily+Li

Emily Li is a white swan equipped with creative superpowers. Whether hand-making each of the three hundred unique stickers shipped out to newly admitted Webbies or designing her newest art cafe exhibition, she is unstoppable with a Procreate app and Apple Pencil in hand. Like a swan, Emily’s calming presence is the glue that holds the community together. She brings immense compassion to each one of her roles –– mentoring freshmen as head peer advisor, revamping the WCC’s website as Chief of Media, and guiding novices through complex design layouts as yearbook Editor-in-Chief. Outmatching the swan’s intelligence, Emily’s deep introspection enlivens every humanities classroom she enters, from challenging Mrs. Dalloway’s conventional interpretation to deconstructing the meaning of art through modernist literature. Beyond academics, Emily’s natural swimmer prowess parallels the swan’s aquatic nature, evident from her four-year CIF finals streak. Her talents shine through a showcase of dazzling vocal skills at every Friday open mic and the complex choreography behind the class of ’24’s winning unity dance. So yes, Emily embodies a swan’s signature qualities, but she is also so much more: an avid K-pop fan, aspiring vlogger, and most empathetic listener to her friends. Though Webb will miss one of its best as Emily ventures off to Wellesley College with a major in Media Arts and Sciences, we know that she will bring the same creativity, warmth, and graceful aura into her next natural terrain.  

Me personally, I could never function without Emily. I would fall apart.

— Kristie Ma ('24)