AirPods Pro meet the world

Harrison Lee (’20)
Linh Nguyen (’20) gives his new Airpods Pro a thumbs up.

Flashback to one of the biggest tech trends of the 21st century: Apple AirPods took the world by storm in 2016. With their innovative design, Apple AirPods captured the hearts of millions and even became a social media sensation in 2018 during what was known as the “AirPods Epidemic“.

As 2019 comes to a close in less than two months, the fuss over AirPods finally seems to be winding down. However, on October 28th, 2019, Apple revealed that new AirPods would be released in the coming weeks. That’s right, AirPods Pro have arrived.

On October 30th, 2019, Apple released the new AirPods Pro – the latest addition to Apple’s growing AirPods line. 

While only a few days into the release, Apple headquarters have high hopes for this new product, as Phil Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing, said, “AirPods are the best-selling headphones in the world. The one-tap setup experience, incredible sound, and iconic design have made them a beloved Apple product, and with AirPods Pro, we’re taking the magic even further.” 

The AirPods Pro include innovative new features such as Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency Mode, Adaptive EQ, and individualized, flexible ear tips that provide the utmost comfort to users when in use. 

The most captivating aspect of the AirPods Pro are their ability to connect and disconnect users from the outside world, thanks to the two built-in microphones structures. 

Turning on  Active Noise Cancellation mode activates the inward-facing microphone, allowing users to silence noises from the outside world and fully concentrate on their music, podcasts, and calls without external distractions. 

Yet, when switched to Transparency Mode, the outward-facing microphone in the AirPods Pro is activated, letting in external sound for users to hear and connect with their surroundings and creating a natural hearing effect that maintains the realness of the outside world. 

The AirPods Pro are also highly individualized, not only in their audio quality but also in their design. With an Adaptive EQ (adaptive equalizer), the AirPods Pro automatically tune the music to suit the shape of the users’ ears, opting for a rich and consistent listening experience. In addition, the AirPods Pro come with three sizes of flexible silicone tips that allows the earbuds to conform to the shape of the users’ ears, ensuring the ultimate individualized performance.

Many Webbies, such as Linh Nguyen (’20) have already gotten their hands on a pair of this groundbreaking technology.

Linh said, “I bought the new AirPods because I like having noise cancelling, but I didn’t want big headphones. Thankfully, the new AirPods are small and they have noise cancellation.”

However, others, like Doris Yuan (’20), are not big fans of the AirPods Pro.

Doris said, “I don’t want to buy the new AirPods because AirPods doesn’t have strings on them, so I will lose it. I am still using normal earbuds.” 

Whether you love it or not, at $249, the AirPods Pro are truly the technology upgrade that all Apple lovers need. With a perfect balance between privacy and outside connection, and while providing a completely customized listening environment for its users, Apple surely stepped up their game this time with this upgrade. AirPods Pro are now on sale at your nearest Apple store or online at apple.com. Now go get your hands on a pair of brand-new technology today!

View Comments (1)