Cards Against Humanity saves America from “the Toilet”

Are+Cards+Against+Humanity+really+doing+anything+to+help%3F+Graphic+courtesy+of+Nerd+Team+
Are Cards Against Humanity really doing anything to help? Graphic courtesy of Nerd Team

In the words on Cards Against Humanity’s website, Cards Against Humanity is “saving America” because “the government is being run by a toilet.”  Specifically, it is being run by Donald Trump, “a preposterous golem who is afraid of Mexicans,“ who is so “afraid that he wants to build a twenty-billion-dollar wall that everyone knows will accomplish nothing.”  So in its usual politically incorrect way, Cards Against Humanity is attempting to make it as tough as possible for the “toilet running the government” to build the wall.  

For its annual holiday promotion, Cards Against Humanity is buying land on the US-Mexico border, and selling plots of land, along with “an illustrated map of the land, a certificate of our promise to fight the wall, some new cards, and a few other surprises.”  Additionally, Cards Against Humanity is teaming up with a law firm specializing in eminent domain to “make it as time-consuming and expensive as possible for the wall to get built.”  

Within hours, the promotion sold out, with 150,000 people each pitching in $15 to stop the building of the wall, and receive their surprises.  The certificate they receive reads, “This document certifies that you, the holder of this certificate, helped Cards Against Humanity buy 0.000667% of a parcel of land along the US-Mexico border.  This document further certifies that any attempt by the U.S. government to build a wall on this land will be resisted to the full extent of the law by Cards Against Humanity and its legal representative at Graves, Dougherty, Hearon, and Moody.”

Cards Against Humanity never fails to disappoint with its provocative, tongue-in-cheek promotions.  In 2014, Cards Against Humanity replaced everything on their website and product list with “bullshit.”  Lo and behold, for $6, 30,000 people received purified bull feces.  Another politically charged promotion, which took place in early 2017, introduced Cards Against Humanity For Her.  It was the exact same game, but it was in a pink box, and it cost $5 more than the standard version. The purpose of the increase in cost was to poke fun at the gender pay gap in America.  But, is ‘Cards Against Humanity Saves America’ the best promotion yet? Let us know in the comments.