Explore the Claremont Village!

Maria Shevchuk (’19) looks forward to attending Claremont Village Night. Graphic Courtesy to Emily Stepanian

On Friday, September 21st, local businesses in the Claremont Village will participate in Webb’s first annual Village Night by offering discounts to all Webb students. The day student prefects have been working hard to make this night welcoming and exciting for everyone.

The Claremont Village has always been a popular hub for Webb students. On any day of the weekend, Webb students can be found eating at their favorite restaurants or shopping at their favorite boutiques. Head Day Student Prefect, Brigid Corbin (‘19), said that this event is aimed at encouraging new boarding students to “explore Claremont as a resident and encourage day students to reach out to boarders and welcome them to our community.”

The DSPs often discuss integrating the day student and boarding student communities and felt that they needed an event to reflect that goal. It has been established that community is a core value at Webb, and building one entails making personal connections with your neighbors.

With over 10 different small businesses participating in Village Night, the choices are endless. Grab some dinner at Casa Moreno or Back Abbey, then head over to I Like Pie, Grizzby’s Donuts, or Yogurtland for dessert.

Brigid Corbin (‘19), head of DSPs, said, “We’re super excited to be working with small businesses in Claremont, and even more excited that so many businesses wanted to offer discounts to Webb students.”

The DSPs will give you a ticket to present at the register for any of the eleven businesses participating.

Many of the restaurants in the Village deliver to Webb through DoorDash or Postmates, so this Village Night is the perfect opportunity to go try out new places you may want to order from in the future. As a day student, Village Night is a great way to hang out with Webbies, meet new people, and show them around the neighborhood. Save the date and do not forget your student ID!

Participating Businesses:

Menkoi Ramen (10% off)

Back Abbey (25% off)

Petiscos (25% off)

Bert & Rocky’s (2 scoops for $2)

Grizzby’s Donuts (Buy one ice cream sandwich, get one free; any biscuit sandwich is $5)

The Junction (15% off)

Poke Dot (10% off)

Casa Moreno

Dr. Grubbs

I Like Pie

Yogurtland

Paradis Ice Cream

Tocaja

This interactive map can help you find your way around the village!