Filed under Features, Showcase

Webb students cook up delicious & nutritious Breakfast

Back to Article
Back to Article

Don't forget to drop off your contest submissions in the cereal box in Fawcett Library!

Emma Lin ('20)

Emma Lin ('20)

Emma Lin ('20)

When you wake up in the morning, what is the first thing you think about? Breakfast, of course! Hot off the press, Breakfast is Webb’s new literary magazine where students can showcase their creative talents in fiction, poetry, art, and photography.

Dr. Elizabeth Cantwell is the faculty advisor of this spring season afternoon activity group featuring eleven Webb students. Seven of the students are editors/directors, while the other four are associate editors.

Head Designer Michael Su (‘21) believes that Breakfast’s objective is “to spread literature and art made by Webb students. While the Webb Canyon Chronicle is journalism, we aim to collect individual, creative works.”

Along with submitting their work recreationally, students also have the opportunity to participate in the magazine’s contest. At the moment, Breakfast is offering three categories for students to compete in: fiction, poetry, art, and photography.

The fiction contest asks participants to submit a story not more than ten pages long. For the poetry competition, students should submit one to five poems, and the art and photography contest asks for one to ten pieces.

Breakfast is accepting submissions for its first issue until April 15th. Pieces do not have to be written in English. All contest submissions are due by Friday, March 29th, at 10:30 p.m., and can be submitted by email to [email protected] or a hard copy can be dropped off at the cereal box in the Fawcett Library. Winners of the contest will be featured on the website and will receive breakfast (Starbucks) on the morning of their choosing.

Although there is a competitive aspect, you do not need to win to be featured in the magazine. To enter a submission, simply put a hard copy in the designated cereal box in the library, or send your work electronically to [email protected]. Hard copies require a cover sheet with your name and email address, and submissions via email should have an attachment with no identifying information. Submissions will be judged and discussed anonymously, and you may remain anonymous if you wish.

Feel free to check out their Instagram page @breakfastatwebb or visit their website to check out more ways you can contribute to this budding literary magazine.

About the Writers
Kaitlyn De Armas, Staff Writer

Kaitlyn De Armas (‘21) is a new sophomore staff writer from La Verne, California. As a three season athlete at Webb, she is a member of JV volleyball,...

Isa Flores, Staff Writer

Isa Flores (‘21), an Upland native and crime/detective thriller aficionado, is a new addition to the Webb Canyon Chronicle staff. She is a book-lover...

Emma Lin, Co-Editor of Features

Emma Lin (‘20) is the Spirit Commissioner and Editor of Features on the Webb Canyon Chronicle because she wants to see how different perspectives are...

Connor Walker, Co-Editor of Culture and Lifestyle

Connor Walker (‘19) is a man of many talents; he can safely handle knives and can even walk to Westfield Santa Anita from his home in Arcadia. While...

Sydney Wuu, Copy Editor

Sydney Wuu (‘20) is the Copy Editor for the Webb Canyon Chronicle. This is her second year as a part of the journalism program at Webb, but she has enjoyed...