Gaultalk Episode 1

A+look+into+the+NFL.+
Graphic courtesy: Yiyi Ouyang (’21).
A look into the NFL.
Matthew Gaw, Chief Editor of Sports
Matthew Gaw (‘21), hailing from Hong Kong, is currently the Webb Canyon Chronicle’s Chief Sports Editor. With his growing passion for sports, Matthew enjoys watching the NBA, NFL, and the English Premier League. During his free time, he is also an avid lover for hiking, road-biking, and wakeboarding. With the California Wildfires going on nearby, Matthew wants to be an advocate to spread awareness about climate change. In addition to Matthew’s love for the outdoors, Matthew looks forward to being the alamo dorm prefect, along with being aadmissions ambassador. Matthew plans to use these positions to be a role model to his peers, along with helping others feel comfortable at Webb. Before he completes his senior year, he plans on putting up a memorable show in the Spring Musical, which he has been heavily involved in in the last few years. He also hopes to explore a wider variety of topics and venture outside of his comfort zone of writing sports for the Webb Canyon Chronicle.
Yiyi Ouyang, Co-Editor of Opinion
Yiyi Ouyang (‘21), out of Diamond Bar, CA enters his senior year as Webb Canyon Chronicle’s Editor of Opinions. Besides his leadership role on the Journalism team, Yiyi is also chief editor of the yearbook and a member of the Honor Committee. In his free time, Yiyi enjoys playing basketball, golf, as well as going hiking. Though the pandemic hasn’t allowed him to partake in these activities very often, he has been able to pass the time by watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine and That ‘70s Show. Now that school is back in session, Yiyi is looking to make the most out of his final year at Webb. As an editor for WCC, he hopes to create a safe space and wants students to feel comfortable submitting content.