21 questions with Xander Kong

21 questions with Xander Kong (’22)
Narineh Madikians, Public Editor
Narineh Madikians (23) is coming back to Webb for her senior year as a completely new person. Along with her new position as the Webb Canyon Chronicle's new Public Editor, Narineh is also a head peer advisor and a member of the VWS varsity volleyball team. Even though her senior year is full of change, Narineh still loves humanities courses from past years such as Advanced Studies Creative Nonfiction. She encourages everyone at Webb to take this class as it has made a significant impact on her writing techniques. This year, she is focusing on the future while also trying to stay present at the moment, hoping to make as many lasting memories as she can before she leaves for college. After a long and busy week at school, Narineh uses her weekends to recharge. She loves to go out with her friends or stay at home and watch movies with her parents and three dogs: Jeckie, Dash, and Rex. At the end of the day, Narineh unwinds by listening to her favorite artists such as Mac Miller, Frank Ocean, and Childish Gambino. Narineh will use her new and old experiences throughout Webb, the WCC, and outside life, to make her senior year unforgettable.   Favorite Song: "Crimson and Clover" by Tommy James and The Shondells
Sebastian Hoffmann, Staff Writer
On a typical morning, Sebastian Hoffman (’23) wakes up in his dorm, Kirkhill, and reads for 20 to 30 minutes. Working at a local bookstore during the last summer, Sebastian’s favorite book is Roadside Picnic and enjoys reading science fiction that explores insightful themes on the nature of mankind. Of course, books are not his only source of entertainment; Sebastian loves watching Peaky Blinders, playing the video game Nuclear Throne, and listening to synthwave, his favorite music genre. This year, the Bay Area native is taking Advanced Studies Cold War, which is fitting considering his fascination for history. Sebastian is also always up to date on current events, especially news about the economy and the market. As a staff writer for the Webb Canyon Chronicle, Sebastian hopes to guarantee the factual accuracy of his articles, while connecting global issues to the school community and increasing their relevance among the student body.   Favorite song: "Paint It, Black" by the Rolling Stones